Thread: ITR Competition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

But T3 doesn't allow all the ducting etc. that one can do for IT brakes. Regardless, some folks will chose to run the car. All cars have strengths and weaknesses. Just one of those things factored in the car when classing it, or selecting it to drive.

R
    [/b]
    Actually I think most touring spec lines for Mustangs ( T1, T2 or T3 ) allow some ducting or duct kit. In T3 now they are allowing the "Bullit" brake upgrades but still not enough. The part I dont understand is why a Ford or GM or whoever builds car that weigh alot and have decent HP but crappy brakes.... I guess that is one of the differences between them and say a Porsche..
    Fred Alphin
    "Big leisure money seeker"
    #92 Hankook Tire soon to be ITB? ITA?
    Damn economy...

Actually I think most touring spec lines for Mustangs ( T1, T2 or T3 ) allow some ducting or duct kit. In T3 now they are allowing the "Bullit" brake upgrades but still not enough. The part I dont understand is why a Ford or GM or whoever builds car that weigh alot and have decent HP but crappy brakes.... I guess that is one of the differences between them and say a Porsche..
    [/b]
    Simple answer to that question. As a supplier to most of the major auto makers I can tell you that Ford and GM will sell you crap to save a $ while foreign makers will sell the best product for a little more because they know what brand loyalty is. Too late for reality for the big 3 now.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

As a supplier to most of the major auto makers [/b]

Damn Steve, you work? Who knew???? I just guessed you were on Mazda's payroll! :P

Just Kidding
    Fred Alphin
    "Big leisure money seeker"
    #92 Hankook Tire soon to be ITB? ITA?
    Damn economy...