I don't think it is a matter of comparing on track times to justify the car. The car fits the process, that is known, and could be in ITR now if not for "V8 Stigma" that lurks within some within the SCCA. Anyhow, mote point now. Most important is to get ITR going. The V8 is out for 2007 and maybe can be added in for 2008 if voted in.
[/b]
As a naysayer (NAY, I tell you!) there's no stigma on my part. I was opposed to the inclusiom of the pony cars in ITR for more complex reasons:

1. Concern that their presence would put initial approval at risk - That has been completely obliterated. In fact, to my personal surprise, it sounds like the inclusion of the 'merican iron has increased enthusiasm among the decision makers, if reports are accurate.

2. Concern that application of the same formulaic approach to weight specification would be thrown out of whack by a very different set of basic parameters - Rememember that we were just coming to understand how the higher-powered FWD cars were responding fundamentally differently to the specification process. This leads me to...

3. HUGE concern that injection of a whole 'nother set of parameters would result in additional diddling with the formula - Any time this happens, we run the risk of screwing up. Misses are not easily undone, so finally...

4. Increasing temptation to cross the line and Productionize the category, one little creep at a time. Specific make/model allowances are just a small step away if there are only TWO significant models (Mustang, Camaro for example) that are out of line. YES - I know I'm paranoid but the fact that fear of something borders on the irrational is not enough to keep that which is feared from coming to pass.

Kirk (who is going to keep beating this drum, just in case someone somewhere is listening)