I think my original post and idea is getting off track. The idea is to have a United States (Canadians are welcome too) official IT Championship. Everyone is getting tied up in the National argument, who will sponsor, will it be televised, etc. Try to put these things aside.

I’m talking about a true championship, that you must qualify for. All cars are teched maybe before hand, and after. I mentioned TV and prizes just for the hell of it. But in reality, we don’t need sponsors if the weekend was a quality event (people will sign-up). When I say a quality event I mean; (three days in total) a full day of practice, next day morning qualifying, then a sprint race that afternoon, and two more sprints the next day, you win based on final points. If I qualified in my region I would be willing to pay a $600 entry fee for that kind of track time. Heck we pay $300 for a one day regional at Lime Rock. I think you’ll find sponsorship and possible television coverage will follow.

This event is about us drivers, being the best we can, tuning our cars, and winning a coveted trophy that says “you are the best IT driver” in North America. The thing I love about IT racing is its homegrown, grassroots, low-key, fairly low budget origins. That is what this event should be about.