Thread: Any Updates on Head and Neck Restraints from SCCA?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This just in from the August FasTrack as a submitted for the BoD for approval.

Item 18. Effective 11/1/06: Add new section 11 to section 20 as follows:
    11. Head and Neck Restraint
    The use of a head and neck restraint device is highly recommended. All head and neck
    restraint devices must be certified by the SFI Foundation and bear the SFI 38.1 label.
    [/b]
    Keep those cards and letters comming! If this passes, I will save myself some money next year by not renewing my license. :angry:

It simply amazes me that they think nothing is better than something that doesn't have an SFI sticker on it.

This just in from the August FasTrack as a submitted for the BoD for approval.
    Keep those cards and letters comming! If this passes, I will save myself some money next year by not renewing my license. :angry:

It simply amazes me that they think nothing is better than something that doesn't have an SFI sticker on it.
    [/b]
    So, let me get this straight....as of 11/1 (The ARRC), I put my Isaac on the shelf, and go with nothing?

Hold on phone's ringing.....hey! It's NASA calling??

Sad thing is everyone will now follow the chicken shit SCCA lawyers lead.

THIS is the worst day in the clubs recent history...........

Common sense takes a direct kick to the nuts.

(As an aside, everyones pointing at Joey Hands wild ride. They all say how his SFI device saved him. Really?? How the F%^k does anyone know that?? A wild ride to be sure, but I've seen Sprint car drivers do that every weekend since the begining of time, and be ready to race in the next heat in a backup car...wearing nothing more than a foam collar. So unless somebody has some real data on neck loads IN that crash, I aint listening to the moth flapping masses. On the other hand, it's undeniable that his SFI device had a strong role in trapping him in a car filled with gas and oil.)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

So, let me get this straight....as of 11/1 (The ARRC), I put my Isaac on the shelf, and go with nothing?

Hold on phone's ringing.....hey! It's NASA calling??

Sad thing is everyone will now follow the chicken shit SCCA lawyers lead.

THIS is the worst day in the clubs recent history...........

Common sense takes a direct kick to the nuts.

(As an aside, everyones pointing at Joey Hands wild ride. They all say how his SFI device saved him. Really?? How the F%^k does anyone know that?? A wild ride to be sure, but I've seen Sprint car drivers do that every weekend since the begining of time, and be ready to race in the next heat in a backup car...wearing nothing more than a foam collar. So unless somebody has some real data on neck loads IN that crash, I aint listening to the moth flapping masses. On the other hand, it's undeniable that his SFI device had a strong role in trapping him in a car filled with gas and oil.)
    [/b]
    Unfortunately:

Originally posted by 'NASA 2006 GCR'
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: It is expected that use of a head and neck restraint system or device, meeting SFI 38.1 may become mandatory for all road race series as soon as January 1st, 2007.
    Each year they change the year until SCCA does something, then I would expect NASA to follow suit within months if not less.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lateapex911]
    And another thing...SFI doesn&#39;t certify the device, do they?? So the wording essentially eliminates every device...[/b][/quote]It kinda got blown by but that was the first thing I said when the FasTrack came out with the recommendation. The wording unequivacly would require a H&N device which does not exist at all despite all of us understanding what they meant. When will someone that can write what they mean or mean what they write start working for the CRB?
    Ed.

Sorry, I&#39;m late to the game (been busy...)

Item 18. Effective 11/1/06...All head and neck restraint devices must be certified by the SFI...[/b]
    Said differently: effective 11/1/06, Greg Amy stops wearing his Wright Device sled-tested and -proven head and neck restraint and starts to use...nothing.

Way to go, Buck.

GA

Sorry, I&#39;m late to the game (been busy...)
    Said differently: effective 11/1/06, Greg Amy stops wearing his Wright Device sled-tested and -proven head and neck restraint and starts to use...nothing.

Way to go, Buck.

GA
    [/b]
    Or you could just come autocrossing and karting with Renee and I.

[email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX