Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NHIS changes you would like to see.

I personally wouldnt change anything with the track....it's a challenge and a challenge is good. if we wanted easy we could drive on the highway. On the other hand what I have a problem with is what MOST of you are saying. The runoff areas....i am new to the SCCA and from the few times I'v been on track I loved how difficult it was in turns 3 and 11 particularly. Unfortunately never used the south chicaine but it looks like a challenge also. There were a couple times I ran the right sides off the outside of the bowl as I came out and the same for turn 11 and I never want to do it again. Along with a fense or wall of some sort after the bowl, pave the damn runoffs in 11 and out of the bowl. We actually shoudnt be so modest we put a LOT of cash into that track and the least they could do is care about us a little more instead of adding a foot of asphalt every year or two. But dont touch the track, it's hard and makes us drivers use our heads at all times....cant say that for LRP.

Dan
    #4 ITS
    [/b]

Dan-

I don't see a need to change the track racing surface in anyway, I just would like to see "safe" runoff areas when/if you or I (or any of our friends) make a mistake. I also would like to see the workers taken care of properly. The problem though that you speek of is that with fixing runoff areas it could add "racing surface" as it did at Lime Rock and at Watkins Glenn (2 recent examples within the last 2 years). Unfortunatly making things safer sometimes will change the track racing surface a bit. If you had been around a while you would know that turn 3 and turn 8 at NHIS has changed significantly making it safer but also a lot faster.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Thumbs down

OK, y'all.
    Raymond mentioned that since I have time on my hands and also considering I live a mile and a half from the track, have a good reporte with Bette and Wanda, work part-time for the track and am a former (since I haven't been able to get a membership for Christmas, hint, hint) member of SCCA and still attending all the events with the boys, ....well, I guess I am volunteering to be your spokesperson to get things going. I would like you all to come up with one concise list of

1.)what can be done by you, as volunteers, to fix certain aspects of the track,

2.)what can be done with little money to fix other portions,

and finally,

3.)a feasible wishlist to improve conditions that may be more costly.

I will be happy to present this list, signed(email signature is ok) by you all and let's hope for definately the points under #1 to be handled, a definate maybe for #2 and a we'll look into it for #3.

I cannot go without your backing and names of the requestees. So, pick a person from the forum to present these ideas to and have that person make the list out and I will gladly go to the powers to be for you. Time at this juncture is critical because we don't want to procrastinate at all.

I hope this is helpful to you and helps to get things going.

So, now, who do you elect among yourselves to compile this list? I'd like to be able to present it to them early next week.

Yours for safety,
    Trish
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......