I haven't gotten that far, when I went to do the 6000 rpm run I remembered that I blew a radiator hose which ended my weekend (it was such a wonderful weekend I forgot all about that since it was the least of my issues!!) - more on that. I climbed around the car and seem to have both tranny fluid and oil spraying all around. So I know I have to pull the tranny (must be bad seals) and I assume the head (if the valve seal is leaking wouldn't that hurt top rpm compression?). I also have on my list to check the coil as well. I do want to do the 6000 rpm before I take it all apart.

I guess I could just replace the hose and fill it with water to start it up.. but I have been thinking I should re-pipe things. The hose that broke was the forked hose that goes from the water pump to the oil cooler and up to the expansion tank and the side of the head. I am thinking I should just pipe straight to the expansion tank and bypass the oil cooling (just have the filter on the flange) and cap off the inlet on the side of the head. This way the only coolant going in the motor will be from the radiator. Right now the hot oil coolant and the hot expansion tank bypass go straight back into the motor.. any thoughts on this? thanks