This issue has been raised with WDCR T&S in the past but MyLaps doesn't provide proper reporting to National according to our T&S Chief who (as James points out) prefers a DOS-based program b/c it meets the "letter of the law". This is the same reason why they resisted Orbitz and Chronx b/c neither program properly recorded data according to the GCR.

I wonder if this is an GCR oversight (outdated language that has not been changed) or if every other region is using an "illegal" T&S system. It would be interesting to protest EVERY SCCA REGION except WDCR b/c their results aren't in the proper format - can you imagine the firestorm? h34r:
Just follow the General Li - if you can't go thru 3 faster, at least you can do it "drift style"
[/b]
I think you are incorrect in your "guess" that every other region uses only the mylaps results format... Try looking at the "official Results" that are posted. Most times they are a completely different format with completely different information on it, and possibly different results.

A results example of another "perfect" region other than WDCR-Summit Point would be Pocono. The Mylaps results showed me in last place, however the "official results" were correct in showing me in second place. That is just one example of a region outside of WDCR that posts/submits correct results, AND has MyLaps results shown for the drivers benefit.

Before you go questioning what other regions are doing maybe you should check into it. I know Summit Point races are suposed to be the best at everything but we (other regions) all do a great job also. -sorry to rant, its not ment to be offensive.

If the TS chief wants to use a different app to format the official results for Topeka, that's totally fine but isn't the raw AMB data still available? Isn't it a relatively simple thing to provide it to mylaps.com? What am I missing? Providing a service to entrants is a separate function from meeting the letter of the GCR where reporting is concerned.

K
[/b]
K- Other regions seem to be going out of thier way to update MyLaps for the drivers without any issues. You might want to contact someone in T&S at WDCR to see why they don't go this for the drivers and maybe they will change thier mind.

On another side note... T&S has come a LONG way over the years thanks to technology. T&S has probably advanced more than ANY other specialty. Some regions/people can learn/adapt quicker than others. IMO a big thank you goes out to ALL regions T&S people for continuing to do an outstanding job and doing the best they can with the every changing technology that is out thier!!! Thanks

Raymond "just my thoughts, again not ment to be insulting, just eye opening" Blethen