Hey Russ;

this is TimM ITB - and that wasn't me (luckily) at LRP that smashed the earthen barrier. I had previous business commitments that kept me from the track that weekend. I have smashed MANY other parts of the track at LRP on several other occassions, however!! I think that racer that you saw was Dave Gran from what I'm told.

But, back to the main topic of your post - and that is that we, as "weekend warriors" are 99.99 % all looking for the same thing - and you are right on with the idea of "most bang for the buck" in terms of racing. As a matter of fact, I doubt that I will be going to LRP much in the future simply due to the BS involved (as you related) of their one day events. Two day events - absolutely - I love the racing on that track.

As for the Pig Roast and the Cheap Date, I say we try this:

Use the exact same format that we had for Memorial Day weekend, but use the Chicane Chicane on Saturday (allows people in the morning session to get the "feel" of the chicane in a non-racing atmosphere) and then the Chicane / Nascar Oval on Sunday. I personally don't even care if the Sunday morning race is a points race or not, it still has a LOT of meaning for where you start on in the afternoon race - which IS for points.

Speaking to another suggestion that was made - I do think that it may be best for everyone if we don't do any "inverted" concept for grid, simply because we have had plenty of carnage already this year, and with all of the fast guys in the rear of the field in that scenario, well, I think that could lead to potential trouble??

Finally, someone in an earlier post had suggested an even shorter sprint race in the morning to allow us longer races in the afternoon. I think that's a great idea! A 10 lap "qualifying" race to allow for at least a 25 lap "feature" or "points" race??

Anyway, I think that the format used for the Memorial Day weekend was excellent - and I would love to see that - or something similar - used again.

later,

Tim M