can someone on the itac board or someone in authority answer this question,
since carlos and myself is spending a lot of time and money developing the SIR
would the BMW be allowed to run in ITS w/SIR.and in ITR w/o SIR ??????
if the bmw would not be allowed in ITS then all this time and money would be wasted.
just don't want to waste more time on the SIR . thank you.
[/b]
Steve,

I would doubt that it would have dual classification - but that is a CRB call. I would MOST certainly write a letter in if you wanted that. I personally wouldn't vote for it (because it opens the flood gates for a 'you do it for them, why not me' letter writing flood - and the car should be just fine in ITR) but the CRB may be thinking this could be a good idea.

I do sympathise with owners/drivers that have spent the time and money to buy and develop the SIR. It is possible that it won't be a requirment in 2007 should ITR make it. But ITR is not a done deal.

In all seriousness however - on a personal note - how does the 'development' of the SIR effect your program cost-wise if you were already doing this as Carlos posted earlier:

So, there is NO limit on spending to get my car prepped to the FULLEST LEGAL potential. Countless hours on the dyno just made me buy my own dyno and spend even more time on it (actually not me it's the brain Steve Saney). This car is on the dyno 4 days before EVERY race weekend and when it comes back. Leak downs performed always after every weekend. fresh brakes EVERY Weekend as well as liquids. [/b]
The results from the West Coast and the Southeast are CLEARLY showing that the E36 is a true contender (ie: still winning races) with the SIR. Fred A. and Greg P. - what do you make of the results? You continue to post death sentences yet those with top prep and top driving are still seeing success. (Oh ya Fred, the E36 M3 is NOT in ITR...).