The E30 iX is an NA AWD as well, I have one in my garage likely destined for rally-x and ice racing since it won't be welcome here. Or even more likely Performance Touring if it ever turns into balanced competitive fields.

But I guess there aren't any cars in IT which have weather or other variable track conditions (including track to track) advantages...
Though it would seem that Fastrack's definition of explore and mine are different if based on Jakes post.

You know if the ITAC is not in favor of it - at least be honest in the response to requests and say "The advisory committee is not in favor of AWD." because I don't think any exploring is occurring at the time of the issuing of the March Fastrack.

Ryan, my recommendation is that if you have a desire let your desire be known to the club of which you are a member and write it in - maybe they will begin to explore it if there is more expressed interest.
[/b]
My comments were based on my instinct, and what I've heard said on ITAC con calls. I think the ITAC would wrestle heavily, at best, with AWD if it were to be presented with a serious proposal.

However.......we ITAC guys are one step up from the general mebership, but two steps removed form actual decision making. The CRB and the BoD are our bosses. I would read the comments in Fastrack (which aren't always what the ITAC says or recomends) at face value. I would assume it means that AWD is probably being discussed by those further up the line than us.

Does that mean AWD in IT in the future? Or AWD in some other category? Or?? I don't know. For all I know, the CRB could say that we need to class a certain list of cars, and then we have to do just that. Or they could say that we need to create an AWD IT class. But from the ground level, AWD hasn't been presented to the ITAC in any form from top brass.

Your guess is as good as mine in deciphering that Fastrack comment.

As such, I echo the last point of the post...the club can't know what it's members want unless they write and share their thoughts. Drop us a line!