One day last year in August, my little brother got married on a Saturday. Sunday morning.... slightly hung over.... I decided I needed the points and borrowed a friends car (don't ask, long story) just to start from the back and race. Temps were in the high 90s with 135°F being read in the car. I went out there, did my race, got out of the car, and almost passed out from the heat. I understand that there are quite a few things involved in that situation, but I swore I would never do it again. I spent the money on the cool suit that pumps water. Best thing I could have done. Not only am I more comfortable, but I realized how much brain fade there is at the end of the race because I'm hot. No more. I'm just as crisp mentally (which doesn't say a lot) at the end as I was at the beginning.

Now I went to the extreme on this, but what I was doing before which works great, is use a vacuum food saver. I would take a 6"x10" section of vacuum bag, fill it with ice, seal it, microwave to melt, and re-freeze flat. I would use 2 of these. One on the small of my back and the other on the stomach all under the drivers suit. It helped tremendously. They melt in 15 mintues, but I promise it's better than nothing.