Thread: ITR PRoposal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'd like to commend Jeff, Ron, and the rest who did all the really heavy lifting on this project. It's a very good idea. I'd like to head off some potential bird-walks with a couple more comments, if I might:

** There's going to be a tendency for the ITR proposal to get jammed up with other, potentially related ideas (e.g., the BP-DP thing or efforts to make IT more appealing to the aftermarket by allowing wings and stuff). Understand that Rule #1 was that ITR be IT for new cars, and nothing else.

** There are some cars that were not included on the proposed list. Any that were CLOSE but not SOLIDLY within the parameters were left off for safety's sake, as were some that were just different and difficult to fit into the base weight model. This is a conservative approach, intended to above all avoid inadvertently including a ringer in the list.

** Remember: one definition of consensus is that everyone is a little PO'd with the result . What you see represents a true compromise in many respects, among those who were involved in its creation. Nobody had to fall on their sword and nobody got exactly what they wanted, I don't think.

** Almost by neccessity, this proposal bumps up against the e36 SIR issue. In fact, it proposes an alternative solution that was not previously available to the CRB, to include those cars in a way that might be more palatable to entrants. However, PLEASE do not plug this proposal up with wanderings about technical issues, history, biases, etc. related directly to the SIR question.

K

** Remember: one definition of consensus is that everyone is a little PO'd with the result . What you see represents a true compromise in many respects, among those who were involved in its creation. Nobody had to fall on their sword and nobody got exactly what they wanted, I don't think.

[/b]
    Kirk, can I use that first sentence as a quote?

I think you guys did exactly what is needed, and that consitutes a great job! As one of the people who is (or at least was) involved with BP/DP, I also hope that it doesn't get confused or obfuscated somehow... Hopefully the CRB will see the merits and institute something the club really needs.
    Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)