12hp/9ft lbs and 5# is the difference between an ITS and ITA Miata...oh yea and that horrible 1994 miata suspension... [/b]
Did I say that the M1 had a bad set-up? Just that the M2 was BETTER. Trying to define the difference between the S and A versions.

Wow! I didn't realize the numbers for the S and A cars were so close. Those are crank numbers, right? What're the target hp/weight ratios for A and S? The Miatas get the rear-wheel adder. Anything else? 5 lbs difference seems pretty miniscule at first glance, but maybe I'm missing something.

David [/b]
I think the issue is that the 99+ looks initially on paper to be an A car (tons of other cars at those power levels in A) - and would have to weigh over 2600lbs based on the car config. This car weighs 2150 without driver! It was decided to run it in S at a lower weight - knowing it would have some strengths and weeknesses as compared to other cars in the class.

This is the car that the ITAC didn't want to give more weight because of the cage size, right? Something about wanting to make it easier for SM cars to cross-over (which I'm not sure is happening). So what is the resolution IF the car is too fast? You've now got people who have built cars with the lighter cage at the current weight. Are you gonna give the car more weight and tell them they have to re-do their entire cage? I hope it turns out the car isn't too fast cause I think it's gonna be a cluster if it is.

David [/b]
The cage size was/is a consideration in all classes. I have written a letter to the CRB asking this same question. My car is on the dyno TODAY and I told the CRB that if it seems out of whack (re: more gains in IT trim than the process estimates - 25%) then what is teh process to have it get some lead. They told me that there is precedent to make the change and grandfather the cage. Don't know the details on that but it is good news IMHO.

Let's also be careful on comparing these two cars. Only ISC has made an ITS version go fast on the twisty stuff. I think we need to see data on that car at a place like Daytona against the Teg's, RX-7's and E36's.

Besides, lap times from an Enduro are almost useless unless all the info is known - even more so than a Sprint. That Miata could have been as much as 70lbs under minimum during that lap while getting towed out on the fast stuff by a more powerful car from another class....coulda-woulda-shoulda.

AB