Maybe I'm missing the point here, but wouldn't the allowance for an adjustable upper ball joint not give the cars who can use them any additional performance advantage at all? Is there a current way for double A-arm suspension types to adjust camber? Yes, there is. This suggestion is just an easier and cheaper way of creating a condition (or adjustability) that is already perfectly legal. I don't understand how that would be rules creep at all. I can see the point that some cars may not have them available for their cars, but that doesn't mean that they will be absolutely, 100% guaranteed to be loosing anything on track to cars that do. In the end, both cars can still adjust camber, it's just a bigger pain in the ass to do in one of them.... [/b]

In theory it would allow for a slight perfomance increase. By allowing camber adjustment up top you are tilting the suspnsion assembly inward to gain negative camber, by using adjustable ball joints (i'm assuming at the bottom of the hub) you gain negative camber by pushing the wheel outward. If the ball joints were allowed, a tricky racer would the use both available methods and push his wheel outward as far as possible and then fine tune camber with the A-arm, effectively increasing track width without the added unsprung weight of a wheel spacer.

Just playing devils advocate though, cause I wouldn't bitch and complain if you used them. Hell, I'm not even expecting to be even close to competitive for a long time, so my only real concern is getting myself faster, rather than slowing other people down. But the creep does have to be fended off...