Thread: what a nice day to be at marrs1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Regarding the Big Bore / ITS race...
    That situation in turn 8 was perhaps the most dangerous one I've seen as a driver. One car was upside down (I think it was a T2 car, not a GT1) and the yellow GT1 car was blocking the track to the point that the only way around it was to go 2 wheels on the dirt. So, you had corner workers on the track, a car in a prime position to be T-boned and a dust cloud so thick that I couldn't see the hood of my car as I went through it. And we had a local yellow! The wreck happened right in front of me (I had to dive through the grass to miss it) and when I came around for the next lap I couldn't believe we didn't have a red flag or at least a double yellow. I've been racing in MARRS for 6 years now and I really respect the way the events are run, the work of the corner workers and the professionalism of the stewards. I make plenty of mistakes as a driver, and the stewards and workers make very few mistakes. They really are good. But in this case, they did make a mistake, and I'm just glad there's recognition of that so it doesn't happen again.

As for putting ITS in with the big bore group, I think that's a mistake, also. A lot a bad dynamics with that combination.

Mark Lapos
    #23 ITS
    rpperformanceracing.com
    Mark Lapos
    ITS RX7 #23
    www.rpperformanceracing.com

Regarding the Big Bore / ITS race...
    That situation in turn 8 was perhaps the most dangerous one I've seen as a driver. One car was upside down (I think it was a T2 car, not a GT1) and the yellow GT1 car was blocking the track to the point that the only way around it was to go 2 wheels on the dirt. So, you had corner workers on the track, a car in a prime position to be T-boned and a dust cloud so thick that I couldn't see the hood of my car as I went through it. And we had a local yellow! The wreck happened right in front of me (I had to dive through the grass to miss it) and when I came around for the next lap I couldn't believe we didn't have a red flag or at least a double yellow. I've been racing in MARRS for 6 years now and I really respect the way the events are run, the work of the corner workers and the professionalism of the stewards. I make plenty of mistakes as a driver, and the stewards and workers make very few mistakes. They really are good. But in this case, they did make a mistake, and I'm just glad there's recognition of that so it doesn't happen again.

As for putting ITS in with the big bore group, I think that's a mistake, also. A lot a bad dynamics with that combination.

Mark Lapos
    #23 ITS
    rpperformanceracing.com [/b]
    I concur Mark. Congrats on 3rd Mark.
    Dan