Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NHIS in a Month!

I concur with baloonfoot Ray Lee make it a smart FUN race. Personally I be rooting for some more than others.

Tom

i will be a no show. good luck to all and i will root for ALL YOU GUYS! GO GET EM RICK
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

yea, have fun, and take lots of action pics and videos, and report back here RIGHT AWAY!

Results!
    Pictures!
    Scuttlebutt!
    Who hit who! (Nobody hit anybody? I hope!)
    Hot up and comers?
    New guys in new classes??
    And...will a Sheppard finish a race??
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Priliminary reports...

The Test Day went well, saw lots of fast cars and new cars including several Flat Out Motorsports SM cars, BB Racing cars, Jeff Lawtons Saturn (love that thing) and even a new very nice GP VW Rabbit for Dave Sanborn. I am sure I am missing a few, as thier were 82 cars from what I herd... its been a long week so sorry if you were new and I missed ya!!!

In the test day, we as expected had teathing issues like many others... Overheating issues that took all day to figure out on stephens car and after major unassemblies and reassembalies we found it was as simple as the wires were attached to the fan backwards. After that issue was resolved it was time to work on repairing the rear brakes that fell apart after not being used for a year and a half. Special thanks to Brian Mushnick for helping with the repairs. On my car I lost the brakes, hub & Bearings, and an outer CV joint at the same time. Luckaly nothing compleatly failed and I was able to get the car into the pits safely.

For ITB Jason Benagh proved to be reliable yet again without any issues (bastard!!!) and Eli or was it Matt (?) was quick in the Shine Racing yellow VW. He may have some secrets to get him in the front... we will just have to wait and see!!!

The School also went well, I was an operating steward in control for a good part of the day, however I did have to leave early. Wow though is all I have to say to those people who are Operating Stewards sitting in the control tower. That job is a VERY busy job and I encourage anyone who really wants to see ALL the volunteers at work at one of our events ask the Operating Stewards listed on the supps if you can observe, but go with the plan to just keep quite and learn to see how important all of our voluneers are You will see a different and great side of SCCA!!!

As for the students from what I observed overall I think the driving was good, and we have another great year of newbies ahead of us!!! I however did see lots of passes under yellow, not just by students which I found disapointing. Thier were also other students who missed other flags such as Black Flags, Meatballs, and Red Flags, but I think they learned thier lessons Thier were also a few accidents but nothing to bad. One driver was transported to get checked out, but my understanidng was no seriose injury. He had driven the car back to the pits on its and his own power then walked to medical to get checked out. Anyway Good Luck to all the students on a successfull second day!!!

Hope all at home are jelouse.... we are all having a blast without you (but we are wishing you were here also)!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

yea, have fun, and take lots of action pics and videos, and report back here RIGHT AWAY!

Results!
    Pictures!
    Scuttlebutt!
    Who hit who! (Nobody hit anybody? I hope!)
    Hot up and comers?
    New guys in new classes??
    And...will a Sheppard finish a race?? [/b]
    Ray-Ray covered it well. Students were great on Sunday when they 'qualified' and 'raced'. They liked it a lot better when cars of similar speed were around them. Some nice racing and some really talented kids headed into SSM, SM, ITA just to name a few.

Rain here Sunday morning as predicted. Drivers seem to either be prepared for the weather or are packing it in. Some don't want to risk the damage in the first event. I am too stupid to do that...

ITA looks like it will be a great race anyway. Erik Shifflet in his 2.0 Golf is always very fast in the rain, Greg Amy and Jeff Lawton look really prepared in their front drivers so the RWD guys will look for some miscues to take advantage of. Hopefully it all goes down without any bent sheetmetal.

Jake, you would have been a favorite if it rains hard enough!!!

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967