I agree that we need to keep the naming of the new class separate from any perceived restructuring of the existing classes by renaming them. However, looking forward a few years, what would we name a class that is faster than ITR - ITQ?. I can see the IT classes becomming a hodgepodge of letters. (ITS, ITA, ITB, ITC, ITE, ITT...)

Let's look a little farther forward. Is this going to be the only 'new' IT class, or are there potentially one or more classes that might be created when it comes time to absorb more Touring cars into IT? Do presently classed Touring 1, Touring 2 or Touring 3 easily map into IT classes with the creation of one new IT class? If the answer is yes, then ITR is probably as good a choice as any. If there is a good probability of more classes, then IT1 might be the answer for the potentially fastest class, with IT2 being an option for later down the road. Then changing the existing IT classes is something that does not have to be done at this time, and if it were to be implemented, the proper thought process could be used.

Just my thougth. I can really live with whatever the group decides ( I'm easy, but who said IT racing was cheap!).