I am surprised at the acceptance of a weight that you guys deem 200 pounds heavy, "just to get in the game", as you say.

How does the prod Ad Hoc committee actually set the weight? What is the "proper" weight for the car in the class?? There has to be a concrete and standard answer rather than "Well, it depends on how it does", LOL. (Thats not to say that their first answer will be spot on, and all factors will have been estimated correctly, but, as the car is a known entity in ITA, and this configuration is close to an IT setup, they DO have a good start in determining weight.)
But I'm not sure why racing in a class where you are known to be 200 pounds heavy would have any attraction.....
[/b]
Good question, I don't know. The Produciton VTS sheet asks for IT class and weights so they would likely use that information to determine minimum weights. The VTS also asked for the desired weight of the car in the proposal. My request is based on the listed wieghts for cars in the class, the wheel widths allowed and the base weight of an EP RX7. Will they use that? Don't know.

I think the difference between having an over-weight car in IT and Produciton is that in production adjustments occur more rapidly. So there is more cause for hope that correcting adjustments would be made sooner rather than later. This may be a "grass is greener " assumption on my part but my friends in EP have certainly had more adjusts applied to their car and class than I have in the last three years. It is a certainty that you can only get an adjustment for a car that is classed.

I think we would be naive to assume that they are going to class any car as being instantly competitive. Actually their track record seems to indicate the opposite. So there is the risk that we are throwing a party that no one will come to. Nobody knows the answer unless somebody asks the question.