Um ... huh?

That doesn't have anything to do with anything. All of the air goes through the SIR, then all of the air goes through the filter, then all of the air goes into the engine. You street car filters all of the air that the engine breathes, right? I'll bet that the air goes through some kind of snorkle or intake hole before it gets to the filter, and that the intake tract is essentially sealed between that hole and, well, the end of the exhaust pipe for all practical purposes. Think SIR instead of snorkle hole and you're there.

That, and a couple decades of SIR-controlled Formula 3 cars - all of which do exactly what you claim isn't possible - MIGHT be some evidence that it is.

I don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about.

K
[/b]
K,
I was thinking of a in line air filter and not using something like stock air filter box which would seal it from taking air from anywhere but the SIR. Building something like this to meet the 4 sec rule and keeping inside the engine compartment & legal could be an answer, It also will be a lot of time for experimentation. Maybe I can drop my car off with you and let you piss around with it. I should get it done by May 1st, this year, right?

My next question is what would the air filter box do other than cut down on turbulence that would be created by the SIR? It seem to me that we spend money getting rid of the air filter boxes to use K&N cone tyoe filters for better flow. Anyone have a tuned header system for this? Hell a 100 hours of testing (including Dyno time) and you might be able to sell 2 or 3 of these. If you would want to keep your K&N cone type air filter would the SIR also work as well 1/2 between the AFM and TB. If you have to thein of air like a fluid isn't it best in a straight line?