Jake,

I'll comment mostly on the GSR because I know that VERY intimately. As I've said about 1000 times, thats a good ITS car at about 2575 to 2600lbs. But at 2700 it just cant get off a corner and just murders its front brakes (which are, BTW, the exact same brakes that are on much lighter 93 and up Civic models like the EX and Si currently classed in ITA at nearly 400 pounds less than the GSR.

There are quite a few GSR attempts out there. Some have been sold for pennies on the dollar and some are still trying to compete with them.
Guys (ITAC), TRY an experiment with the GSR. Take it down to 2600lbs and watch it closely. Scott Seck, a former ARRC podium visitor in ITC, is still trying to compete with his. Reduce the weight to 2600 and watch how he does. I KNOW Scott would be willing to share open and honest results with you guys.

TRUST ME!!!
At 2600lbs that car isn't going to suddenly go dominating anywhere unless its just raining buckets for every race. At 2600lbs you have yourself a GOOD (not great) ITS car. It'll still be hard on its little Civic brakes, and will still struggle with lack of tq, but it will be alot more competitive.

I've only seen one fully attempted del sol effort. It was a couple of years ago, and it failed and was abandoned by a top effort in the SEDIV. Given that it was abandoned at 2360lbs, I'm thinking you just killed it as even a remote option at nearly 2600lbs. Might as well go ahead an declassify it.

So... A percentage or a set number for FWD and low TQ?
The easy thing to do (I think) would be to just do a set number (50lbs?) subtractor for FWD cars that have a certain percentage more HP than TQ. I say this because the cars with high hp, fwd, and low TQ are the ones that seem to be getting screwed by the current process.
Maybe someone thats more math savy than I am can figure out what that formula looks like, but cars like the GSR (172/130) and del sol (160/110) are a good place to start.

Brakes... Maybe anything over 2500lbs should get a set subtractor (40lbs?) if their total rotor size is under a certain number?
The GSR is a good place to start with that number since its a proven weak point on that car.