Thanks for the replies guys...I did forget to mention that my car doesn't have an e-brake. I usually trailer with the car in neutral...but occasionlly forget and leave it in 1st gear....which prompted me to post the question.

Marcus...so far I'm planning of Thunderhill next weekend but it depends on if any other GTIs will be there. Carlos is not planning on going (he's getting his car painted)...haven't heard from Ron or Joe and Tom C was having some mechanical problems and the last I heard wouldn't be there. I will skip the event if there are no other cars to race with.

As far as my tranny...it's doing the same thing that happened back in October. Some of the dogs popped out and jammed the shifter fork. Carlos helped me fix back in January (we put in new dogs assuming the problem was me being too hard on the gearbox...) but it appears to the problem is something else. In any event I swapped the tranny with a used one I bought last year and it seems to be in good working order and ready for the track.

What are your plans since your selling your Pro7?