"2.5 Adjustment and release mechanism(s) shall be accessible to both the user and to external personnel such that no additional motion is required, other than the release of the seat belts, to disengage the Head and Neck Restraint System during emergency situations."

Scott,

Interesting that the driver is not mentioned. Good point. Also, I'm not sure what is meant by "disengage". In the end it won't matter; if SFI doesn't want you to have a sticker, you don't get a sticker.
[/b]
I read that quote and thought that the Head and Neck Restraint System was still engaged for the HANS. The HANS is still attached the helmet. What does it have to be disengaged from? We are asuuming belts and/or driver, but it doesn't state that.

Greg, you are probably most correct in the "if SFI doesn't want you to have a sticker, you don't get a sticker." Which is pretty sad at best.

BTW, I am an Isaac wearer, I understand it is illegal within SCCA competition today (single point of release), and I'm daring someone to protest me. Don't worry, I have another stupid SCCA GCR rule to fire back with, just in case.

Jeremy

(anxiously awaiting info from SCCA BOD on this decision, as well as any response from Isaac to current users of their product, should SCCA outlaw them)