Thread: New TR8 Dyno Info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Keyrect Morey. Probably more than that (maybe 300 or 350 total) if you count the pre-production 1978 coupes that came over in 1978. They actually are not that hard to find, and sell for cheaper than the convertible. You can get a decent TR8 coupe for $4 or 5k if you look and take your time.

On the FI, the generally accepted wisdom amongst the crowd that races a lot of these cars (in the UK) is that the FI stinks. However, they are comparing it to 4 barrel Holley 390s or Weber 500s, not Zenith Strombergs.

I may pick up an FI system at some point to fiddle with. However, I think the intake is a problem and, as Joe indicated, so too are the injectors. Remember, this is a car that was designed with 135 stock hp. There was not much need for flow on the stock motor.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Keyrect Morey. Probably more than that (maybe 300 or 350 total) if you count the pre-production 1978 coupes that came over in 1978. They actually are not that hard to find, and sell for cheaper than the convertible. You can get a decent TR8 coupe for $4 or 5k if you look and take your time.

On the FI, the generally accepted wisdom amongst the crowd that races a lot of these cars (in the UK) is that the FI stinks. However, they are comparing it to 4 barrel Holley 390s or Weber 500s, not Zenith Strombergs.

I may pick up an FI system at some point to fiddle with. However, I think the intake is a problem and, as Joe indicated, so too are the injectors. Remember, this is a car that was designed with 135 stock hp. There was not much need for flow on the stock motor.
    [/b]
    Do you have any info on what size the injectors are on this system?
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com