"I do have one very speculative question though...Why aren't the rear upper links traction bars??? Traction bars are free..." -Tak
#29 ITA
SFR SCCA

Tak, I've never interpreted the rules as calling the upper links traction bars. They are original suspension links that cannot be altered except to change bushing material. The soft upper bushings supplied with the Tri-Link comply with the rules to retain the original links, however they allow the suspension to articulate around the revised geometry of the Tri-Link. Otherwise the axle would be "locked in place" and bending of the body would be required to allow any roll movement. That is in fact what happens when solid bushings are substituted for the Watts link and trailing links of a stock suspension.

Likewise, only the bushing material may be altered in the lower links. You cannot cut the ends off and substitue heim joints.

Traction bars are not "free." One may be added per the rules, and it must fit an exacting definition. Don't see anywhere where a stock traction bar may be removed, so no matter what you call the trailing links, they must stay.

Just my take on the rules.

Jim Susko