View Poll Results: BMW E36 In ITS

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weight as predicted by the ITAC model

44 66.67%
  • An SIR

22 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The BMW E36 ITS Car Should......

A simple poll, simple choices to see where the majority of the voting board lies.

Since you can't see the results if you don't vote, could sombody update us? Has anyone voted?

AB

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Since you can't see the results if you don't vote, could sombody update us? Has anyone voted?

AB
    [/b]
    As of now, 10 want it to eat lead while 8 voted to choke the living s#*t out of it
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

AB
    [/b]
    Somebody doesn't like you? I can see them just fine.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Andy,
    tell mommy to turn off the V chip. :P
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

AB
    [/b]

Andy-

You should vote, then you can see the results!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

12-9 now. I had no problems viewing them. Andy, were you logged in?

George H

Since Andy knows my stance on this. Should I vote?
    Bob

Maybe I wasn't logged in...pretty split.
    Andy Bettencourt

The hair-pulling high-heel kicking fight has spilled back over from the BMW section. Mayday. Save us all. We thought we had it contained.

SIR's have no place in IT. Give the bitch 300lbs, and be done with it.

Drag whoever imported the SIR over from GT-land out into the back forty, and beat them without mercy.

Some cars are 'uber-dogs'. Some are 'goober-dogs'. Just get over it. No more lectures about 'investment'. Nobody 'invests' in race cars. Srsly.

Drag whoever imported the SIR over from GT-land out into the back forty, and beat them without mercy.

[/b]
    We'll just have Ants tie 'em to the car, and drag them......
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com

Starting to see some seperation...
    Andy Bettencourt

Starting to see some seperation...
    [/b]

Who cares? the rule is in place the size is the question...Why must we keep polling?
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

To quote Warren Buffett, business/investing genius and the 'Oracle of Omaha':

"Public opinion polling is not a substitute for thought."

But...we're now faced with having to screw around with sizes in SIR's, after they've already been implemented for IT cars.

So...since there was no polling or apparent thought before-hand, now that they're implemented and people are actually having to 'test' the concept of SIR's (the 'thought' part), it's appropriate to have some polling going on.

Totally ass-backwards, but appropriate.

To quote Warren Buffett, business/investing genius and the 'Oracle of Omaha':

"Public opinion polling is not a substitute for thought."

But...we're now faced with having to screw around with sizes in SIR's, after they've already been implemented for IT cars.

So...since there was no polling or apparent thought before-hand, now that they're implemented and people are actually having to 'test' the concept of SIR's (the 'thought' part), it's appropriate to have some polling going on.

Totally ass-backwards, but appropriate.
    [/b]
    John, I completely agree the process may not have been right but we are here now and the date has been set. Why dick around with giving some false hope that a poll may change something. The time left should be spent figuring out how to make it work.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z

This was a poll started by an individual not associated with the ITAC or CRB. I think Ron just wanted to know what people thought on this site. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Andy Bettencourt

This was a poll started by an individual bit associated with the ITAC or CRB. I think Ron just wanted to know what people thought on this site. Nothing more, nothing less.
    [/b]

The problem is this site not not necessarily reflect the feelings of the whole IT community. There are guys/girls out there trying to make a go of this rule and supporting them whould be far better than confusing them with a poll that is likely not to change the out come.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z

Andy -

My fear is that, without an appropriate amount of squawking, the CRB and the BOD will get the impression that implementing SIR's in IT is an acceptable idea, and it will quickly spread to other IT classes. IMO - "It isn't, and it shouldn't".

This has nothing to do with the technology, which probably works but obviously requires some diddling to get to 'parity'. Plain & simple: I have major philosophical problems with SIR's in IT. If somebody asks for an opinion, or conducts a poll, I'm going to squawk.

I don't believe that this is a 'settled' issue. At this point, it's pushed off in a dirty little corner of IT (BMW vs. ITS), but when the plague spreads, the villagers will be storming the castle with torches and pitchforks.

I've got my matches ready.

The problem is this site not not necessarily reflect the feelings of the whole IT community. There are guys/girls out there trying to make a go of this rule and supporting them whould be far better than confusing them with a poll that is likely not to change the out come.
    [/b]
    Joe,

You bolded what I wrote. I meant what I wrote. On this site. It was his poll, he can do with the info what he wants.

Andy -

My fear is that, without an appropriate amount of squawking, the CRB and the BOD will get the impression that implementing SIR's in IT is an acceptable idea, and it will quickly spread to other IT classes. IMO - "It isn't, and it shouldn't".

This has nothing to do with the technology, which probably works but obviously requires some diddling to get to 'parity'. Plain & simple: I have major philosophical problems with SIR's in IT. If somebody asks for an opinion, or conducts a poll, I'm going to squawk.

I don't believe that this is a 'settled' issue. At this point, it's pushed off in a dirty little corner of IT (BMW vs. ITS), but when the plague spreads, the villagers will be storming the castle with torches and pitchforks.

I've got my matches ready. [/b]
    That decision is up to the CRB, write in and tell them you hate SIR's in IT.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt

Andy -

......with torches and pitchforks.

I've got my matches ready.
    [/b]
    C'mon John, get with the technology! Use a lighter, it's faster and you can fire up more torches that way!

(this comment edited to reflect new edits above)

Sure, IT.com aint the whole picture, but it IS a viable part of the equation, and if 100% of the people here think all racecars should have horns, I bet the rest of the world would agree.

Again, it's just a poll to see what people think. Results will, of course, be taken with a grain of salt.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com