Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best anti-fog for inside of windshield?

I used shaving cream on my windshield at RA last weekend and had no issues at all, works great
    ReSpeed
    2006 ARRC IT-7 Champion
    2006 PRO-IT IT-7 Champion

I use Fog-X with no problems, used it all day Saturday at Road Atlanta. I think that the key is a very clean windshield prior to Fog-X application. I use rain-X on windshield with great results also..again on a clean windshield. The temps were pretty cold this weekend so I don't think the defroster was worth it...Had hard enough time getting any temp in the motor even with tape on half of the grill...
    [/b]
    Rain-x worked great. Fog-x, no. Windshield was cleaned on the inside with Invisible glass and newspapers as well as a generic glass cleaner. We even reapplied between qualifying and the race. It must have something to do with airflow into the car as well as how the heat comes off the engine.

Also, it is just me, or is everyone else's wipers slow as christmas? Don't know if the motor's so old it barely moves or what. Good thing for rain-x.

David

I used shaving cream on my windshield at RA last weekend and had no issues at all, works great
    [/b]
    What brand? Must get the right stuff for my test.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Also, it is just me, or is everyone else's wipers slow as christmas? Don't know if the motor's so old it barely moves or what. Good thing for rain-x.
    [/b]
    lol, mine are pretty worthless on track. I usually rain-x before every weekend.

What brand? Must get the right stuff for my test.
    [/b]
    Last weekend was Colgate regular shaving creme, but I've also used the edge gel before with good results. Let us know what you find out.
    ReSpeed
    2006 ARRC IT-7 Champion
    2006 PRO-IT IT-7 Champion

We tried dish soap at Road Atlanta and it didn't work. My ITA car had no heater core or blower motor so the crew gave me a squeegee and every lap on the back straight I just took two or three swipes to clear the fog. Worked ok but only for a lap each time. The problem was trying to keep the squeegee within reach and not have it interfere with the shifter or drive off the track at 85 mph
    http://www.wrpmotorsports.com/ Thanks to Optima Batteries, OPM Autosports and Sparco USA.