Thread: Oil Filter Selection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If you want to stick with "commercial" filters I would concur that for quality and filtering ability there is nothing better than a WIX filter. I have at least satisfied my self on this opinion with the old cut em open analysis.

However, for really best available filtering and longevity I use the Canton Mecca spin on unit on my race car.

I use the larger of the two units available and replace the insert filter twice a year. I forget the specs but it's basically more effective AFTER 20k miles on the street than a brand new Fram HP racing filter.

Sometimes I have trouble seeing the oil on the dip stick it's so clear.

Travers
    ITS 19

If you want to stick with "commercial" filters I would concur that for quality and filtering ability there is nothing better than a WIX filter. I have at least satisfied my self on this opinion with the old cut em open analysis.

However, for really best available filtering and longevity I use the Canton Mecca spin on unit on my race car.

I use the larger of the two units available and replace the insert filter twice a year. I forget the specs but it's basically more effective AFTER 20k miles on the street than a brand new Fram HP racing filter.

Sometimes I have trouble seeing the oil on the dip stick it's so clear.

Travers
    ITS 19
    [/b]
    I'm surprised that only one person has mentioned the Canton / Mecca filters. That's what I've used for years.

I'm surprised that only one person has mentioned the Canton / Mecca filters. That's what I've used for years.
    [/b]
    Ditto, and it takes the whole bypass worry out of the picture.
    Doug Hillmann
    vfc-engineering.com