Joe,
Glad you think it's a good dyno,but that not what Ron,DJ,and myself are talking about. We are talking about comparing apples to apples. Many HP numbers have been thrown around. AB, talked about an RX7 putting out 182 whp. I'm concerned that the goal itself maybe flawed with 220chp. If that is the goal the BMW would seem heavy. It just seemed like on Friday this information was going to be very open. Time is not on your side. I really seem to like someone like Ron helping out. He seems like a voicce of reason.

Greg
[/b]
Greg, I am not going to go into what you like or dislike. I think if you look through several of the threads on this subject you will find an offer of 4 hours of my shop time to help with this problem. I have offered to help install one of these should anyone want to take me up on it.
What I am saying is if all dyno's in question have a properload cell you will get reasonably good data to compare to each other. If the dyno used is nothing but a straight pull inertia dyno you will get big marketing numbers and no other valuble data. WHat would you all do if you went to an inertia dyno and got exactly the number the CRB was shooting for but the car was not drivable on the track? I think these guys are going at it the right way by hold their water until all the data is in. What pisses me off is this is exactly the testing you all were screaming for when the rule was handed down. I would suggest Ron is making a great offer, I would also suggest that if somebody takes him up on it that they bring somebody along that understands what they are looking at. Make sure the Dyno facility has the ability to load at different settings and steady state and that they also have a wideband O2 runnning recording the fuel mixture through the whole process.