I don't disagree with you because I don't think rules concerning lug nuts, wheels and spacers support an adapter.

As far as Solo II and wheel spacers, well I guess I don't agree completely there. True a 45-60 second trip through the cones is not like a 20-45 minute race. However, I haven't raced on a track that was was rough or as alternately sticky and slick as the Salina Metro airport site was in 1995. It was so bad that my Mustang shattered a left front OE hub sending the wheel/tire and what was left of the rotor into a worker station. Allot of wheel failures happened at Salina and later at Topeka. Nothing like good ol' WWII vintage concrete. Anyway, this is a debate for another time

What about simply redrilling the axle flange and front hub? Same number of lug nuts and lug studs just arranged in a different pattern?
[/b]

I seriously think that to start machining parts is well beyond the scope of IT. Again none of this makes a big difference to me other than its not legal and if done by some hack it is likely unsafe.