There are several ways to look at it all.

For solely myself, I see it as I lost an easy crossover classing in NASA (not really I have another one) - OK IT drivers lost an easy crossover classing (not really none ever came to any races to make use of the classing) - OK so nothing at all was lost in PS closing.

So what does PT mean to IT? I guess when I think about it - not much - very few had any interest in NASA in general or PS in particular. Starting to wonder why I started the thread at all, especially before reading more than just the news release...

OK so now it is just dead space in IT forums.

Another view could be had that if say you are going to a new track and there is NASA event a few weeks before might be a good way for some W2W seat time. So unless your IT car happens to fall in a challenge or spec class - PT is where you would register.

Another view is a population largely ignored by current organizations. DEs/Track days/FATT whatever you want to call it - has a lot of people who, perhaps largely through lack of their own research, don't get racing as a driver vs driver sport. A lot of them view it as being about the car and tuning. They can't say that no one will give them any place to race anymore. PT could easily be put forth as the car vs car sport. Really this is all club level stuff anyway. Maybe someone doesn't want to compete based on whether or not they are the better driver that can only be determined by completely optimized car preparation under a set of rules that requires 16 page threads to determine if the optimum will be legal in the shed or not.

Some might just want to run what they brung in a place where they won't get ran over in SU or ITE. I mean after a few years going to DEs there are a lot of cars that simply are no longer streetable some don't even need to add the cage - just add a kill switch and fire bottle and they are set as any of us to be on track. And they want to race the car as they have prepared it without ever picking up a rule book previous to that point. They may well not be competitive because their points add up wrong and they put things on that cost points but didn't give enough benefit. So they will learn the short comings - but hey they wanted to race, they were given a place to race and maybe the experience will make them a better entrant into joining another class.

Then there is always the full opportunity for someone who really knows their car model to totally arbitrage the points and do the things that for thier own car provide a lot more benefit than the generic points cover.

I guess in the end - the class is good for NASA I think and good for those that wouldn't have had any place else to race or are pig headed and want to run the mods they want legal or not. Now that I have read all of it though - I guess it isn't really IT forum related and is OT.