Sorry Jake. Sometimes I forget that others may be offended by a shot at one person. The thing that many of you IT guys have not heard yet is that optimizing the engine after an SIR is installed is not easy. I have not read one post on the GTL board that said, boy Finches theory was right on. They all have said I went from 210hp to 162 or something along those lines when the SIR was supposed to bring it down to 175hp. Sure these guys with countless hours on a dyno and many dollars later will be at that optimizes SIR hp. But the average guy will not be able to afford this. Lead on the other hand is about a dollar a pound. So 5 years down the road when all the SIR inlet tricks have been learned and trickle down to JOE average, then it will be a cost effective way to leash the group. In the meantime the difference between the halves and halvenots will just increase. Remember, lead is only a dollar a pound. And I do agree with whomever said that if one gets the SIR all should have to struggle with it. It is only fair. Having an engineering background I tend to want to fully prove a concept before I use it. It has not had the bugs worked out yet in GTL and here goes the CRB using them in IT. Just poor judgement in my opinion.
Chris Howard