Find a place that deals in commercial grade paint, make friends with the guy at the counter, he is your friend. You need a place that carries all the products so you aren't mixing and matching. Its not that you can't do that, but unless you know what you can mix, you're taking a risk. You need someone that can set you up for all the levels of prep you go through. The first time I did a car it included prep of bare steel & plastic bumpers through finish coat. I walked out of the store w/ a box the size of a case of beer and no less than a dozen different containers by the time I had all the reducers, hardeners etc for about $350. The stuff aint cheap.

Call your local indpendant body shop & ask where they get their paint.

Nason is a dupont product, cheaper than the dupont name, but certainly a nice paint.

SEM products seem to do a good job on the prep stuff (primers, plastic repair etc.)

You are better off buying more than you need, it will keep for a while, and a decent paint shop will be able to put it in an aresol can for you for repairs down the road. Running out & having to come back to it is a real pain.

Painting is fun, but the prep is where all the work is.