We've run together in endurance races, the 12 hour at Summit and the 24 at Moroso. At one 12 hour, we split the driving, so it was just the 2 of us each doing 3 hour shifts. So I already know what it's like to work together.

But competing AGAINST each other, well that will be new territory. Especially given the fact that we are competitive on an ongoing daily basis as it is!

For example, if we are driving two vehicles home from town, one person will peel off to take a different route. Then both of us hustle to beat the other one home (while pretending that we aren't racing, we're just motoring along...). We've driven past the other one stuck at the light and done the Queen Elizabeth wave at them, while smirking.

So, I can imagine what the racetrack could be like.

What I DON'T want to do is what the Sheppard brothers were doing. Even though they became the race to watch, they actually slowed each other down because they were so focused on beating the other one.

I think I have been around long enough to recognize whether or not an incident is bad or just a broken car. And I think that I would be able to concentrate on my racing if the incident is not extraordinary, and I would for sure pull in and head for medical if he was being transported. And I would be pissed if he ditched his race because I was in a minor incident. Now both of us would be out of the running, instead of him being out there to hunt down whoever put me out!!

We are talking about getting radios. We already have most of the incar wiring. And we will both run video cameras. He's got lot's more experience and is the better driver (for the moment) and I look forward to going to school on him. We've been turning times usually within 1/2 second of each other in the Opel.

Oh, and as far as working on the car goes, I have a Civic, he has a CRX. He made the comment to me that, "We'll have a set of spares in the trailer, and if I break something and we don't have it, I'll just take it off of your car."

Over My Dead Body!