Originally posted by StephF@Jan 24 2006, 11:46 AM

My question to those of you who share the track with family members is this; What can I expect? Do you get along OK or do you bicker off track? What's it like to come around a corner and see your brother/sister/husband/wife/parent rolling a car over? :119: How do you handle giving pointers to each other? Or do you?

Any other family combo racers on this forum?

My wife and I have raced in the Washington DC Region MARRS ITC class together for the last two years. It has been interesting to say the least.

You should expect the other person to follow the GCR "rules of the road", you should follow them yourself.

You should expect bickering, just like marriage. Try not to do it in public, also like marriage.

I have come around T1 @ Summit Point to see the wifes car facing the wrong way with the front end all crunched in. What was more scary was finding the antifreeze that the guy who hit her left in T4! At least the guy who hit her came and apologized( a rare thing these days), he was fully at fault and admitted it. Although that did not help with the frame shop and body shop bills.

It has been made very clear to me that I am not my wife's instructor.

Remember that your job as a racer is to beat the competition. Your job as a spouse is to offer support and encouragement. It is a fine balancing act.

I live for the day when my wife passes me for position in a race. I will cheer her on while she does it. Then I will chase her down and take the position back.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker