Thread: LRP pictures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

damn, just about all the sitelines I use for shooting images are now fenced over.

Doug
    NER.org webmaster (retired)
    the16v.com Photography
    briansgarage.com

Originally posted by 16v@Jan 23 2006, 03:58 AM
    damn, just about all the sitelines I use for shooting images are now fenced over.
    [snapback]71638[/snapback]
    Yeah, I can agree with that. First thing I thought of was no more blueflags from ANY corner station! Look at the sightline down the front straight from the entrance of bigbend (or really, try looking through a fence all day long). The safety improvements aren't very good (from a workers point of view...).

How many of us have seen an incident along No-Name straight where corner workers are helping use from driver's left? Where is there a hole in the fence for anyone to get out of the way or run to the car safely? (not that running on that berm was safe to begin with).

Where is there a hole in the fence from westbend to the front straight on drivers left? Again, where are the corner workers going to come from when someone needs assistant from crashing in the "improved" downhill?

Oh, and where did Grid go? looks like pit lane got extended into the grid area (though that should be easily addressed by us). However, it looks like Grid will not be very secure from passersby (i.e. little kids running around).

Ugh....I should wait till they are done with the improvements. This might really work out well.

Jeremy
    "It's a fact..."

Originally posted by 7racing@Jan 23 2006, 03:49 PM
    Yeah, I can agree with that. First thing I thought of was no more blueflags from ANY corner station! Look at the sightline down the front straight from the entrance of bigbend (or really, try looking through a fence all day long). The safety improvements aren't very good (from a workers point of view...).

How many of us have seen an incident along No-Name straight where corner workers are helping use from driver's left? Where is there a hole in the fence for anyone to get out of the way or run to the car safely? (not that running on that berm was safe to begin with).

Where is there a hole in the fence from westbend to the front straight on drivers left? Again, where are the corner workers going to come from when someone needs assistant from crashing in the "improved" downhill?

Oh, and where did Grid go? looks like pit lane got extended into the grid area (though that should be easily addressed by us). However, it looks like Grid will not be very secure from passersby (i.e. little kids running around).

Ugh....I should wait till they are done with the improvements. This might really work out well.

Jeremy
    [snapback]71691[/snapback]
    LOOKING AT THE PICTURES OF THE RUNOFF AREA AT THE UP HILL, WELL I HOPE THE WORK IS NOT FINISHED IN THIS AREA BECAUSE TO ME THIS LOOKS A BIGGER ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN. IF THINGS GO WRONG AT THIS CORNER AND YOU END UP IN THIS RUN OFF AREA ITS GOING TO BE A NIGHTMARE. THIS SO CALLED RUN OF AREA IS NOT GOING TO SLOW A CAR DOWN IF IT LEAVES THE TRACK AT THIS POINT. IF YOU GO STREIGHT IN TO THIS AREA A CAR TRAVELLING AT CLOSE TO 100 MPH IS GOING TO GO STREIGHT THROUGH IT AND IN TO THE TREES . IF IT GETS IN TO IS SIDEWAYS ITS GOING TO FLIP AND ROLE. IF YOU PUT A WHEEL OF IN IT YOU MIGHT HAVE A SLIM CHANGE OF FIGHTING THE CAR BANK ON COURSE. I HOPE THIS IS NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT OF SOMEONES ATEMPT AT MAKING THIS CORNER SAFER. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING OF ?

Originally posted by Mark Gregory@Jan 23 2006, 10:25 PM
    LOOKING AT THE PICTURES OF THE RUNOFF AREA AT THE UP HILL, WELL I HOPE THE WORK IS NOT FINISHED IN THIS AREA BECAUSE TO ME THIS LOOKS A BIGGER ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN. IF THINGS GO WRONG AT THIS CORNER AND YOU END UP IN THIS RUN OFF AREA ITS GOING TO BE A NIGHTMARE. THIS SO CALLED RUN OF AREA IS NOT GOING TO SLOW A CAR DOWN IF IT LEAVES THE TRACK AT THIS POINT. IF YOU GO STREIGHT IN TO THIS AREA A CAR TRAVELLING AT CLOSE TO 100 MPH IS GOING TO GO STREIGHT THROUGH IT AND IN TO THE TREES . IF IT GETS IN TO IS SIDEWAYS ITS GOING TO FLIP AND ROLE. IF YOU PUT A WHEEL OF IN IT YOU MIGHT HAVE A SLIM CHANGE OF FIGHTING THE CAR BANK ON COURSE. I HOPE THIS IS NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT OF SOMEONES ATEMPT AT MAKING THIS CORNER SAFER. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING OF ?
    [snapback]71781[/snapback]
    They still have tons of fill left to drop and the barrier to build - couldn't be the finished product. They will need to make the grade even with the track, otherwise a car will just travel over the gravel trap - if no gravel trap then a safer barrier that will absorb impact and not rebound the car back into traffic.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion