Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next weekend at Sebring

Marc, you need a new motor for that thing? What was the deal? Carlos, what are you doing this year? Jim, I'll get back to you tonight buddy.
    Rob May
    I'll race anything....

Originally posted by rx7racer1@Jan 10 2006, 09:39 PM
    WOW!! Those are some great pics. Got any of the 39 its?
    Marc you drove a great race...sorry about running out of gas and
    tires at the end.
    [snapback]70625[/snapback]
    How about this one cropped ?

Yes!!

Any pics of the Body Shop.com TRG Mazmarc Graphics Livestrong IT7 #56. :figo:
    Hammer
    CFR
    ITA Nissan 240sx #56
    2009 Nissan GTR
    2010 Nismo 370z
    http://www.ReedNissan.com/

[quote]

Evan, got any gossip(facts) about the SM protest(s)?

It was rediculous!!! Freezing and the stewards running around encouraging protests and getting mad when they werent doing them....I think they were trying to clean house now to get the madness over with...but I think we were one of the cleanest groups out there...there was contact and spinning involved :119: but no full course caution or red flags for us! looks likea few got bumped for bump drafting and a few others penalized positions...they noted even the faintest scratches on all the cars in the logbooks...amazing some of the prod cars there look like they were just pulled out of a boneyard (no offense to prod guys there were some really nice ones there too)...kinda over the top...hours in impound freezing our asses off. I had steward drama too as they tried to DQ me for having someone drive in ITA to get his lisence race in (later overturned). I hope homestead is not the same...well see
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Originally posted by Rob May@Jan 11 2006, 01:43 AM
    Marc, you need a new motor for that thing? What was the deal? Carlos, what are you doing this year? Jim, I'll get back to you tonight buddy.
    [snapback]70638[/snapback]

Not yet Stick. I messed up and knocked a secondary injector (rear) wire off and didn't find it until Sunday morning. Before then, I quallified 29th OA at a 2:50 and raced to 24th OA and 12th in class. Found it Sun morning and had to wait until 5PM to redeem myself

I think I passed 18 cars before I got to T17 on the first lap. Then it got more difficult. Finally got by Alan (in Wades old car) and looked like I might catch Garcia (if he wasn't just playing with us) when the old "low fuel bobble" exiting T1 forced me to slow up to try to make it to the end. Alan got by me on the last lap and I beat Dick Gallup at the line by two feet.

She still runs good........for now.

Hey Gut, you would still be proud. She still slides with the best of them.

Thanks for the inside scoop Evan. I hopped over to the SM page and learned allot.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Marc and Jim - easily some of the nicest ITS 7's I have seen lately. GREAT JOB!

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Evan,
    It will only get worse, buddy. Now that the SM&#39;s are national, the tech inspectors will have a field day on every thing they can. They own the farm in SRF, but SM is on their radar screen and closing fast. You&#39;d better bring your wrenches and reasons to every race. Just wait till the Runoffs! I hear they are trying to get a contract with Ringling Bros./Barnum/Bailey for a tent large enough to hold the entire field of Sm&#39;s in impound for the week. <_<
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Originally posted by Hammer@Jan 11 2006, 04:56 AM
    Any pics of the Body Shop.com TRG Mazmarc Graphics Livestrong IT7 #56. :figo:
    [snapback]70656[/snapback]
    Sorry I don&#39;t see any. Were you at the ARRC? I might have some of you there.

See my Sebring picture albums at:

http://www.theracesite.com/

Thanks