Thread: Sanction numbers

Since this is 2006 and we will all be renewing race licenses at some point, I thought it might be helpful if we could create some sort of ongoing database in this thread where Southeast drivers could post/find event sanction numbers, since they are now required for license renewal.

This is a bit self serving, as I need some of the info this month to renew my own license, but I think just about everyone would benefit at some point.

So if anyone is willing, I'll start the asking. Can anyone provide sanction numbers for:

a) Double SARRC at Daytona in August
    Regional/ECR at Sebring on Labor Day

I would appreciate any help, thanks.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

If I a not mistaken, sanction numbers are printed on every supp and result page of every race. Try starting there.

Tom Sprecher

CW. I've got most of them in a file at work...catch ya in the a.m.
    Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

If you download your results sheets on MyLaps.com, sanction numbers are printed on the sheets. Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

I used to use AMB too but recently some of the races don't list sanction numbers and some do. You notice that Chuck or did I miss something?
    The majority shall rule.

Matt,

Sometimes you have to look for them. They can be on the 'front' page of the results, they can be in the run group at the header, etc. Sometimes they don't appear.

One thing that each results person should really focus on is how they "name" each run group in MYLAPS. It makes it REALLY hard to search for cars and groups if you list them like this:

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=107529

But if you do them like below - then you get the sanction in the header (or event 'title&#39 AND the run groups to look at.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=73567

Each results person should be aware at what we need to see - because some regions use mylaps now for posted results, post race.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Originally posted by tom_sprecher@Jan 18 2006, 12:19 AM
    If I a not mistaken, sanction numbers are printed on every supp and result page of every race. Try starting there.
    [snapback]71149[/snapback]
    Tom,

CFR uses what appears to be a Word or text only doc to post results on their website. None of the results from '05 had the info in there. I did notice that the first results posted for '06 did have the sanction number and appeared to be formatted differently.

I have emailed the webmaster for CFR with the suggestion that a page be created on the site to assist members with their license renewals this year. Not everybody in CFR has an amazing resource like IT.com!!
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

One thing I do is write the sanction number down for each race in the logbook for that event when I fill out the page. That way you have the numbers right at hand, and permanantly.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Originally posted by Tristan Smith@Jan 18 2006, 06:57 PM
    One thing I do is write the sanction number down for each race in the logbook for that event when I fill out the page. That way you have the numbers right at hand, and permanantly.
    [snapback]71197[/snapback]
    Tristan, that's a great idea. One I'll be sure to implement when I get my own log book.

However, for the past few years I have relied greatly on the generosity of some very special friends. Hopefully, this is the year I'll be able to finish my own project so I can begin to repay the favors.

BTW, I heard back from the CFR webmaster. It doesn't look like there is any interest to post past sanction numbers beyond their current inclusion in the race entry forms.

Good idea while it lasted, I guess.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

Originally posted by Tristan Smith@Jan 18 2006, 11:57 PM
    [snapback]71197[/snapback]
    ...That is what I am going to do from now on.

...I just sent in my renewal. I did not have my sanction numbers. So, I called the SCCA and they said: that for this year that the sanction numbers will be waived. All you have to do is indicate if it is a regional or national event. But, next year there will be no exceptions.

... Thought you all would like to know.

... Rick

Originally posted by Hotshoe@Jan 18 2006, 11:38 PM
    ...That is what I am going to do from now on.

...I just sent in my renewal. I did not have my sanction numbers. So, I called the SCCA and they said: that for this year that the sanction numbers will be waived. All you have to do is indicate if it is a regional or national event. But, next year there will be no exceptions.

... Thought you all would like to know.

... Rick
    [snapback]71219[/snapback]
    Thanks, Hotshoe. I will still post whatever numbers I come across if it will make it easier for others not to have to make that additional phone call to Topeka.

I think it would be a valid ongoing resource to have.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

In regard to what Andy B. said, I will try and remember to mention this to Clyde Bales. Clyde may be the best person to encourage T&S people to put this in the event title.