How people view LRP is all a matter of perspective. Growing up LRP was the only track I ever went to watch road racing, therefore that was what I considered to be the norm. Driving the track I never felt that it was unsafe, but then again one could argue it is because I don't know any better. I've had the fun of spinning there "a few" times and never contacted a wall (loud knocking on wood sound). Even on the downhill as long as a person doesn't panic, people can become a introduced to rally cross racing and ride it out till the car is ready to join the track again. Again, as a matter of perspective, I never wanted to race at NHIS because I was uncomfortable with its safety (also totalling the car). Although people can argue it otherwise, that's simply how I feel.

Yeah, the track could use some updating (and no more being felt like we need to tip to go to the bathroom!). It could be that I have so much personal historty with the track, but I absolutely love racing that track. Of course almost any thing that could be done to improve a track's safety is a good thing.