There is no doubt that I have little idea regarding all involved in the final conclusions at the CRB. This is more about arguments given on this board. If I look at threads that have generated enough interest and response to be longer than five pages I have a hard time finding many without IT is not Production being thrown out.

It happened just today on the discussion as to whether or not SBs are legal alternate material bushings.

Originally posted by RacerBill
On the other hand, I don't want to see IT creeping into the modifications that are allowed in Prod classes.
Spherical bearings are a perfect example to me of when the issue of IT is not Prod should not come up. We can and have discussed endlessly whether or not they are legal and can discuss even if they should be legal. But I see no connection to their use and coming any closer to production class. My views and the discussion of their legality are in that thread and I am not seeking to start another on that topic - but in this thread on this topic I will state that the use of spherical bearings in unmodified OEM suspension links fits well within my view of IT intent and scope without threatening a shift of IT towards Production classes.