Mine would hate me except they are all mechanically inept and whenever something needs fixed or assembled (bikes, furniture, kids toys, lawn mowers, etc...) they all end up coming over to my garage. And it's not even that nice of a garage. Of course I do work on the car...at night...with the garage door open....but I also stock the garage fridge with beer and keep the TV on and it seems that this is most often the time of day (night) that their things "break" and they seek my assistance. The wife is even ok with some of the divorced moms coming over to steal a beer from me. :119: And they all put up with the race car because it's also street legal and I drive it to work a couple time a week during the warmer months. And I'm the slowest driver in the entire neighborhood when that happens (30 mph limit, I run 25).
But what really riles them up:
1. Parking the borrowed trailer in the driveway the week before an event (they really gave me the evil eye when I parked the borrowed RV for two days).
2. When I send my son up and down the cul-de-sac a couple times in his race kart...for shake-down purposes only, of course!