Originally posted by ITAntNeon@Jan 5 2006, 08:59 PM
I am pretty much set on some 15X7 Kosei's but what size tire have ITA neon guys been running. What offsets are offered on those wheels by the way? Or is it spacer time.

I figure I will get some 205/50R15's on the kosei's.
[snapback]70204[/snapback]
Keep in mind not all 205's have the same tread width. One of the big advantages Hoosiers had initially is the measured tread width as actually much wider than the same size tire of another brand. Now some companies have caught up. Just as an example based on specs between a Kumho and an Avon the same size Kumho has something like .3" more tread width and is almost the same as the Hoosier.

With that in mind I would look at 205/50's and 225/45's. Check clearance for the turn radius at the front and look at tire rub along the tension rod in the rear. If they both fit (you'll probably want a little more offset for the 225) than it will come down to feel. I've always felt like the 225's feel a little squirrley on 7" rims but it's a minor issue. Oh and one last thought, more tire typically helps in the turns but hurts on the straights. So depending on what tracks you run one may be better than the other.

That should give you a lot to think about even if I can't give you a specific recomendation.