***Innovators throughout the ages have been considered crackpots.***

I'll buy into that.

And I'll second that!

My question to ya all is, IIRC most sleds that have been shown have the shoulder harness at horizontal to the top of the dummy shoulders & not to the for example spec set forth by Simpson that the shoulder harness shopuld be anchored 4 inches below the top of the shoulder. Hmmmmm

I am not familiar with the Simpson installation spec, but it would seem to me that the angle was the important measurment. 4" may or may not work, depending on the distance from the shoulder to either the mounting point or the harness guide (ie the horizontal bar in the roll cage). The main hoop of my roll cage is right behind the seat, and the shoulder harnesses are mounted to tabs welded on the back of the horizontal bar. The top of the horizontal bar is at the same height as the top of my sholders. The distance from the bar to my shoulders is 6" to 8". If the bar was 4" lower, the shoulder harness would be angled down at much too great an angle.

BTW, my cage builder also lowered the bottom of the shoulder harness opening in my seat so the harness straps would be as close to horizontal (or perpendicular to my spine) as possible.

(Hope that's right, this is my first car!)