Originally posted by ITAntNeon@Dec 29 2005, 07:02 PM
I would like the press in ones. But if I remember properly there were some issues with Mopar getting the forward bushing to work properly. Something to do with the tolerance stack up or on purpose bias (to compensate for rubber compression) of the A-arm's forward to rear bushings causing binding. Thus they re-machined the A-arms, thus the high cost. Have you heard of this?
[snapback]69532[/snapback]
I haven't built an ITA Neon, yet. But I did stay at a holiday inn last night. Oh, and I also just got through modifying the street neon with a set of spherical bearings at the rear of the a-arms. Based on my experience there is no evidence of binding in the suspension with the rear spherical in place and no visibile deflection in the front bushing during the full range of motion.

What you may be referring to is something that comes up even when installing a set of energy suspension bushings. What it amounts to is that variations in the casting and machining result in the width of the casting where the front bushing is can vary significantly. To install the kit they specify grinding the arm down to a specific dimension. Now to be IT legal it's possible to trim the bushing to match and leave the a-arm as stock. But that's the only interference issue I'm aware of. In any event I don't see any reason why an IT legal, non a-arm machined solution isn't possible. As usual it might just take a little extra effort.