That is an interesting perspective Butch, and frankly one I had not thought about. I do still think that adding a rewards weight is the wrong way to go at this time.

If we want more people to show up to watch the races, we need more people to know about the races and the series. The cheapest and easiest thing to do is just to make a nice fan-friendly website that explains the series, schedule, and points system and has race reports, driver bios, race photos and video clips, forums, etc. Then promote it in local magazines (like creative loafing and those sort of things) and require everyone in the series to run a banner with the site on it. If there was an effort to really draw in spectators and grow the series I would be willing to shuffle ballast in and out of the car all weekend, but rewards weight alone won't do the trick.

I know the FWD guys will kill me for saying this, but how about standing starts? It is a blast in the car and watching from the stands, and would definitely make the series unique.

Even a proper awards presentation would be nice, do the podium ceremony and victory lap for every race, not just the ARRC. I bet most of the spectators don't have a clue who won each individual class. If it's marketed as the premier race why not treat it like one?