Originally posted by Banzai240@Dec 22 2005, 02:23 PM
I'm not completely clear on exactly which changes the CRB does and does not have the authority to do autonymously...

If I remember correctly, they can classify cars and reclassify cars without BoD approval. Keep in mind, however, that the idea of reclassifying cars in IT WITH weight adjustments is new, so that is why it needed BoD approval last year...

[snip]

Minor rule changes or spec line adjustements don't need to go before the BoD in most cases, but again, if it's a major change, then it might...

Fuzzy enough for you??
[snapback]69004[/snapback]
Substitute "ITAC" in place of "CRB" and "CRB" in place of "BOD" in the above sentence and things look much more logical. Do we really need 3 committees to approve changes even when they are major? Or 2 committees to approve a car classification? I agree oversight is needed when implementing major changes (PCA's, class realignment) but if we can't trust the ITAC to make the right decisions on alternate pulleys or classing a new car than find people we can trust. Of course it should go without saying I think the current ITAC is well suited to the job, but I'll say it anyway. Give them the authority they have earned and enable them speed up the process, when needed.

Then apply this model to all the groups and let the BOD and CRB use their new found free time to work on longer range issues like a class place for old touring cars (CR or a system to provide data on how many CRX's, Rabbits or whateber car are being raced and in which classes (BOD). Just a thought.

I'm not trying to bitch about the speed of changes because I know it has improved. But the current process limits how much faster things can go, so here's a possible way to move to the next level.