Originally posted by tom91ita@Dec 20 2005, 04:25 PM
thanks for the feedback. it may be difficult to get more weight savings than just the lead and keep the car itb legal.

but for a track like mid-ohio, is 100# gone something like 0.2 seconds or 2 seconds?

that's part of what i want to try and figure out so that i can compare to other racers.

also, what would the slicks be worth on my car? 1 or 2 seconds at mid-ohio?

tia,

tom

p.s., thanks for not laughing regarding my plan to save money. i need to sell this to my wife with a straight face. i keep practicing with the mirro but have'nt done it yet.
[snapback]68775[/snapback]
Don't know if this will directly correlate, but when I converted my ITC Scirocco to GP I did the following:

* removed all bumpers, door glass, headlights, etc. Dropped about 180 lbs out of the car total. (Bumpers were 80 lbs alone!)

* put on slicks

* Went to a SMALLER engine (1457cc vs. 1588cc ITC engine) with an IT bottom end and an IT head w/ mild race cam. No porting was done. Probably made 5 hp
more than my ITC motor and less torque.

* installed a close ratio gearbox

Between the weight loss, slicks, and a better gearbox, I dropped FIVE seconds off my times at VIR, and FIVE seconds at Kershaw. That put me at the front of the regional pack, but mid pack nationally.

Hope this helps with your decision.

MC