Originally posted by Joe Harlan@Dec 14 2005, 05:50 PM
Really? What would that be pushing for seat belts every year? If we are not going to be concerned enough to check that our main piece of safety equipment is not safe then WTF do we go through tech for? SO somebody can tell me my LFT rear brake light is out? Tell what fish you have to fry? Matt you convince me more and more there is a BOD position in your future cause you tow the party line pretty darn good. Again Why require a GT1 car to have more safety than an ITC car if you are gonna mix them on the grid...Somebody afrad the 510 will kill somebody in a GT1 car?
[snapback]68302[/snapback]
Joe, get a clue. You have NO idea what I think of the seatbelt rules but since you brought it up . . . my personal feelings is the change was one of the biggest sacks of **** handed down. It the result of a knee jerk lawyers reaction happening over the entire safety equipment industry after a few high profile incidents. The change was shoved through and we, the racers, end up paying the price. Hell, I have to throw out a perfectly good set of belts this winter that are still so knew the camlock isn't even broken in enough to easily snap together. So if you think I'm worried about one year limit on belts you must be smoking something pretty good.

By bigger fish I mean, standardize the cage specs to provide a progression, or fix the classing structure, enforce the rules that are in place, improve participation, and generally restructure the decision making process/long term planning. Do you need me to go on?

But I've let you try and drag me into too much of an argument already trying to argue things I never stated. The original statement I have a problem with is forcing all bolt in cages out based on someone's gut feel? That would be as much of a mistake as the seatbelt rule. If you would like to argue that point fine. But I've already told you repeatedly I don't want a BOD/CRB seat. And I've also said the idea of GT1 and ITC on the same track is a bad idea. It doesn't happen in my area if it happens in yours then do something about. It's a much better use of your time that incorrectly assuming you know where I stand on things.