Originally posted by ggnagy@Dec 12 2005, 04:14 PM
Lauren,
If you still want a street and track car, ya might want to talk to fellow baltimorean (sp?) Bill Stuart and find a good running 1st gen rx7 (ok, good running might be a contradiction in terms when referring to 1st gens. <_< ) to prep to SRX7 rules. Just don&#39;t mention radiator fans or shaved consoles.
[snapback]67977[/snapback]
there is a very nice srx7 for sale now in the 3-4k range. owner very motivated..he moved out of wdcr.

"M. Y. M. Mohamed" <[email protected]> wrote:

My SRX7 #46 is for sale after this weekend.

Mechanically, the car is a champ and has not given me any trouble at all. I wish I could be bragging about lap times, but I&#39;m slow. I only wish I had more time to learn to drive this car better. Reason for sale is that I&#39;ll be probably racing in another Division. Details TBA once the deal is signed. Car is near Springfield/Alexandria, Virginia. Call me at 703-869-8028 if you have any questions.

Details:
1982, solid roof, crank windows.
Old style oil cooler (the source of the only fluid leak on the car - a very, very minor leak - about a quarter size between races)
Built by Datsun Dynamics for Kevin Brydebell (with the help of Jim Sheedfar). The car was built to an an insanely high standard, and is similar to Rob Hines&#39;s car.
One of the most attractive SRX7&#39;s at the track, great paint and graphics. Even the interior looks practically brand new.

I ran the car all of last year and three races this year (plus this weekend makes four).
ACT Clutch & pressure plate (installed beginning of last year).
Rear swaybar installed but not connected, all brand new hardware and poly bushings.
New transmission shift bushings
Removable steering wheel
Brand new Mazda Comp shock tower brace
Sparco racing seat, G-force 5 point harness
Redline diff and trans fluid
Center Console

Spares include:
Engine that last ran when removed from the prior SRX7 that was the base for this car.
Pass side door.
Brand new front rotors (plus good rotors on the car)
Brand new front Hawk blues + a near new set on the car
Brand new rear Hawk blacks
Three sets of rims and tires: One set of almost new rains (probably have 2 sessions on them) on American Racing rims, one set of slicks on AR rims (tires have good tread, but are 2 years old), one set of slicks on diamonds (tires are good and have good tread, around a year old), and a spare AR rim with no tire (but I think that rim might be tweaked, not sure).
Bearings (new and used)
Tons of parts, many brand new including a master cylinder and a rear brake caliper. I&#39;ve got crap in boxes that I&#39;ve never opened. I remember even seeing the original stereo that came with the car and a gauge cluster.
Spare dashboard
Spare transmission that won&#39;t go in gear, but is probably just a bent shiftfork - blame it on a rookie driver. Should be suitable for a rebuild.
Spare limited slip and axle housing.
Spare spindles

History:
The prior owner, Kevin Brydebell, had built an SRX7 that was later crashed. He then built another car up and the parts from the first one became spares. So, that&#39;s where all that stuff came from.