Originally posted by Matt Rowe@Dec 13 2005, 02:54 PM
I still can't see a conflict until someone shows Ed tried to bid on the job. Someone can rant all they want but the only reference to that has be an unsubstantiated rumor by an person with no visible connection to the issue.

And my comments about Matt's tactics relate to his broad use of personal attacks turning people away from wanting anything to do with the situation. It leaves a bad taste in people's mouth and even he has freely admitted on several occasions that his involvement in a matter is more likely to impede the people at the top from doing something, even if they might agree with him. That is why tactics matter. And while it was not "found" by Matt W. he was one of the first (if not first) in line to start personal attacks on Ed, and Terry, who is not involved in any way.

Again, show me Ed was trying to use his position as track inspector for personal gain and then we have a conflict of interest. I'll keep my outrage and indignation in check until then.
[snapback]68151[/snapback]
I learned today that PMI has signed a contract with Alan Wilson as the safety inspector/advisor for PMI. You can find out more about Mr Wilson and his wife on the web under Wilson Motorsports.

I am pretty sure SCCA should not have any problems with Alan Wilsons safety suggestions. It looks like PMI will wait on what Mr Wilson has to say.

The representitive for the PMI track was and still is put off by Ed Ozment. Not because of his report but because Mr Ozment was also pushing to be the company that should fix all these massive problems. Corner workers will be happy to know the stations are all going to be redone and maybe even some fancy light set ups put in for the start of the 2006 season. As for the drivers let just hope we have PMI to race on in 2006.

Karl the berm problem will be changed. I wonder if you have ever talked to Mid-Ohio about how unsafe thunder valley is. For some who don't know thunder valley. You come over a blind slight rise right hander into a short shoot with cement walls on both sides. Never did a race or qualifying there where cars didn't get light coming into thunder valley and hit one wall then bounce accross the track and hit the other wall and end up in the middle of the track waiting for the hordes behind them to come over and hit them again. Very fast part of the track. Or was it the turn one cement bridge you hit, or was that Jeff. Then the key hole was really fun when you got punted or maybe it was me onto the back straight. That wet grass really slowed me down. I have seen GT-1 cars fly over from turn one thru the grass onto the back straiight. Yea that berm really looks bad out there at PMI. In truth something I have never even thought about in 30 or 40 races at Pueblo, but I never tore up a car there or got hurt.
I am not sure if you missed this, It did not come from Matt....Read the message and don't alway discredit the messanger. You have seen me take Matt apart before. I always check stuff out for myself.