Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spot the ISAAC hat on TV!

You'd be suprised how many things get done on the show just so the host can get something. I believe Dean is on his 2nd house and 2nd vacation log cabin. All for which the materials were provided free, so were the tools, the equipment, the workers at probably 1/2 cost, and all the goodies to fill the house were probably also free. Then you sell the tapes, you sell the shows, it's all a tax write off since it's a business and everything was free. Oh, when you sell a house it's 100% profit as well. Nice!

Racing sure would be easier if all the parts were free, I got paid to race and work on the car and I then made money products due to my racing. Doesn't someone do that already?
    Past owner of an ITA RX7

eh, there are a few places here and there I need to smooth over, but not in a big hurry with the holidays approaching, just happy the work is done and painted.

As for racing, sure it would be nice if thats how it worked for everyone, but it doesn't so we bust our butts and frett over budgets and make it happen anyway.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

And the ladies love us for it.

It's taken me maybe 3-4 weeks to do all this mudding. Hometime had a guy I could hire for maybe $800. The wife thinks I was dumb not taking them up on that one. Little does she know what $800 can do to a race car. Of course I told her we're saving furnature money. :P
    Past owner of an ITA RX7

***Of course I told her........***

Ok
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Hey, c'mon. I thought this thread was about that great Isaac hat? LOL
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Well about that totally awesome hat which is a little more sheet rock white then it is black. I wore it the whole time that we were putting stones on our fireplace which we recorded with Hometime's home owner camera. That way they have some taping over the weekend. I know that's going to make the show so look out! Should I put an Isaac bumper sticker on my back?
    Past owner of an ITA RX7

Originally posted by benracin@Dec 8 2005, 12:59 PM
    Well about that totally awesome hat which is a little more sheet rock white then it is black.
    Figures. Any we chose black because it wouldn't show the dirt.

Should I put an Isaac bumper sticker on my back?
    Sure! One on your forehead also.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Originally posted by gsbaker@Dec 8 2005, 01:20 PM
    Figures. Any we chose black because it wouldn't show the dirt.
    Sure! One on your forehead also.
    [snapback]67603[/snapback]
    I wonder if they'll do the whole smudging thing so that the test doesn't appear?

Not trying to hijack the thread but have any of y'all used the vacuum sander on drywall? The thing is about $500 and the pads are $39 each. Supposed to work real well hooked up to a shop vac but I can't see the need yet to spend $500.

Less mud = less sanding. Are y'all mixing the mud with a stirrer before using it? That thins it out just enough to use less on the coats.

I don't mind muddin' as much as I mind sanding it.

As far as mistakes go, thats why drywall mud comes in 5 gallon buckets!

$500 is tire money.

Tom

Originally posted by Tom Donnelly@Dec 9 2005, 04:54 PM
    Not trying to hijack the thread but have any of y'all used the vacuum sander on drywall? The thing is about $500 and the pads are $39 each. Supposed to work real well hooked up to a shop vac but I can't see the need yet to spend $500.

Less mud = less sanding. Are y'all mixing the mud with a stirrer before using it? That thins it out just enough to use less on the coats.

I don't mind muddin' as much as I mind sanding it.

As far as mistakes go, thats why drywall mud comes in 5 gallon buckets!

$500 is tire money.

Tom
    [snapback]67756[/snapback]
    A friend of mine picked up a baby version of this at Home Depot (or some other big-box hardware store) for $50 or so, and LOVES it. It has some sort of water container that goes between the sand/vacuum end and your own shop vac.

Of course, he bought that AFTER I did the ceiling in my old house.

Jarrod
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region